Saturday, May 06, 2006

Ancient Texts point to Resurrection

Job14/14 " Shall man that is dead, thinkest thou, live again?"

Job 19/25,26 " I know that my Redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth. And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I shall see my God."

Job 14/12 " So man, when he is fallen asleep, shall not rise again; till the heavens be broken, he shall not awake, nor rise out of his sleep."

2Mach. 12/43 "Thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection."

Psalm 87/11 "Wilt thou show wonders to the dead?"

Psalm 48/16 "God will redeem my soul from the hand of hell, when he shall recieve me."

Psalm 40/9 " They determineed against me an unjust word: shall he that sleepeth rise again no more?"

Osee 13/14 " I will deliver them out of the hand of death...O death, I will be thy death!"

Dan 12/2 "MAny of those that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake: some unto life everlasting, and others unto reproach."

Ezech. 37/5 Thus saith the Lord God to thse bones: Behold, I will send spirit into you, and you shall live."

Wis 5/16 " The just shall live for evermore."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the early Christians (before the writing of the Gospels) used to read Job during the Passion week. They saw the suffering servant and "resurrection" of Job as the obvious portrayal of the ultimate suffering servant...Jesus Christ. So God again says to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job?"

Anonymous said...

That last one was from Chris, I did not want to simply be known as anonymous, there are too many of us out there.